Saturday, March 08, 2008

St Thomas Aquinas


Yesterday was the feast day of dear Sancte Thomas Aquinas! :) He's a wonderful saint as well as a beautiful philosopher. Here's more on him, what I wrote on my blog last year, a small search on my blog on all I typed about St. Thomas Aquinas, and a beautiful prayer with attached indulgences I found in the Raccolta written by St. Thomas Aquinas himself.


I found this on one of my friend's profile on Facebook, quotes from his favourite saint too. :)


Because philosophy arises from awe, a philosopher is bound in his way to be a lover of myths and poetic fables. Poets and philosophers are alike in being big with wonder.


-Saint Thomas Aquinas, Commentary, I Metaphysics, lect. 3


It is requisite for the relaxation of the mind that we make use, from time to time, of playful deeds and jokes.


-Saint Thomas Aquinas


Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.


-Saint Thomas Aquinas


The things that we love tell us what we are.


-Saint Thomas Aquinas


The truth of our faith becomes a matter of ridicule among the infidels if any Catholic, not gifted with the necessary scientific learning, presents as dogma what scientific scrutiny shows to be false.


-Saint Thomas Aquinas

I like the last one a whole lot. :)


Beautiful.


Deo gratias et Mariae.


Deus propitius esto mihi peccatori.


Jesus, Mary, I love Thee; Save Souls!


Jesu mitis et humilis corde, Fac cor nostrum secundum Cor tuum. (ter)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger taiwanite said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful post on St Thomas Aquinas, especially the quotes, which I really love.

I came across your blog while searching for the latin lyrics for "Mary from thy sacred image". It truly is a beautiful blog!
People who stay true to Holy Mother Church are really few and far between these days.

Oremus pro invicem! :)

11:41 PM, June 14, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home