Sunday, February 17, 2008

2nd Sunday in Lent

Jesus, Mary, I love You; Save Souls!

Whoosh and its now already the 2nd Sunday in Lent. The post on Quid est caritas? is still on-going, additions will be coming in soon and I will update you whenever I post on it. There's still so much to say! :), but I must admit but as I wrote in the Prelude: "What I attempt to write now, my dear reader is only a feeble attempt to try to explain, to try to pen my thoughts on this one central theme, Quid est caritas? What is love (charity)? Why do I say feeble? It is because I am a mere nothing, trying to articulate this great and infinite mystery, of which I feel I am actually incapable of expressing myself in words and lines that will really befit it."

Love is beautiful as much as it is painful. :) Anyone of you will know, for Love is sacrifice.

As Ruysbroeck wrote: “To be wounded by love is the sweetest solace and the most harrowing torture which a soul can bear. To be wounded by love: there is no fuller assurance that the cure is at hand. This spiritual wound causes joy and pain at the same time."

More on who actually is Ruysbroeck (Blessed Ruysbroeck I must say, he was made a blessed by Pope Saint Pius X) can be found at the comments section of this blog post.

Next up on Quid est caritas? is this: Love makes us do things that reason sometimes alone cannot comprehend and more also on how love submits.

I was just looking through some blogs, and I found this link on the Dominican Sisters of Wanganui's blog, a news video by TVNZ of 2 novices taking the veil. Here's the link:(http://tvnz.co.nz/view/video_popup_windows_skin/1561378) And here's a short write-up for the intro: Becoming a nun seems an archaic thing to do in this modern and increasingly secular society, and yet the order of nuns at St Anthony's in Wanganui are in no short supply.

Deo gratias et Mariae.

Deus propitius esto mihi peccatori.

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee; Save Souls!

Jesu mitis et humilis corde, Fac cor nostrum secundum Cor tuum. (ter)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Francis said...

I must admit that I am not familiar with this "Ruysbroeck". Where did you find his writings?

6:42 AM, February 18, 2008  
Blogger I will love you till the end of time said...

I like this post ((:

12:06 PM, February 18, 2008  
Blogger rachelanne said...

Hallo Franz!

Hmmm, Ruysbroeck is a really old writer. I found his writings in the meditation book "Alone with God" by Fr. J. Heyrmann S.J. This book I found in the priory's library, old and a little tattered too.

Here's a link from the Catholic Encyclopedia on Ruysbroeck. He's a Flemish mystic born in Belgium, he died in 1381.

There's a book that he wrote, translated, I found on the Google Book search. It's called Seven Steps of the Ladder of Spiritual Love.

=) How have you been?

1:41 PM, February 18, 2008  
Blogger rachelanne said...

Hallo Nise!

thanks! =)

1:41 PM, February 18, 2008  
Blogger Francis said...

Thanks for the links. I'll definitely try to check out later this week (after a big test on Thursday).

With the exception of all of my fun school work (=P), I've been doing well, thanks. We're quite busy here because Bishop Tissier is coming very soon for confirmations!

I don't think I'll be able to get many pics because I'm someone's sponsor, but I'll surely try. If you're really lucky, I'll put them up on my blog. =P

12:07 PM, February 19, 2008  
Blogger rachelanne said...

Hallo Franz!

=D yeaps, sorry for replying so late. Been busy doing stuff and resting. HA.(How did your test go anyway?)

Ah, I will wait for the pictures then. =) Your blog hasn't been updated since a long time ago. ;)

9:59 PM, February 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home