Saturday, August 11, 2007

Another visit to our Lady, the Blessed Virgin Mary



A visit to Mother Mary I :)

This is an excerpt from one of my favourite books, The Holy Eucharist by St. Alphonsus de Maria Ligouri. It's a visit to the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother Mary, usually said/read/meditated after a visit to Jesus in the Most Blessed Sacrament. It's most beautiful, I feel. :)

A Visit to the Blessed Virgin Mary

The devout Bernardine de Bustis says: "O sinner, whoever you may be, despair not; but with confidence have recourse to this Lady: you will find her hands filled with mercies and graces." "And know also," he adds, "that this most compassionate Queen has a greater desire to do you good than you can have to be succoured by her." I will ever, O my Lady, thank God for having taught me to know thee. Unfortunate indeed should I be, did I not know thee, or did I forget thee. Ill would it fare with my salvation. But, my Mother, I bless thee, I love thee; and so great is my confidence in thee, that I place my whole soul in thy hands.

Ejaculatory prayer: O Mary, blessed is he who knows thee, and puts his trust in thee!

Je vous salue, Marie, pleine de grâce, Le Seigneur est avec vous ...

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum ...

A Prayer of the Abbot of Celles - Most Beautiful! :)

Draw me after thee, O Virgin Mary! that I may run in the odor of thy perfumes. Draw me because I am impeded by the weight of my sins, and by the malice of my enemies. As no one can go to thy divine Son who is not conducted by his heavenly Father, so I presume also to say, that no one can approach this same Jesus but through thy intercession. Thou art the teacher of true wisdom: through thee sinners obtain grace because thou art their advocate; thou promisest to obtain help for those who honour thee, because thou art the treasure of God and the depository of all his graces.

Ejaculatory prayer: O thou, who art the salvation of those who invoke thee, save me!

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee; Save Souls!

Jesu mitis et humilis corde, Fac cor nostrum secundum Cor tuum. (ter)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home