Sunday, August 05, 2007

10th Sunday after Pentecost


Today's the 10th Sunday after Pentecost, and here's the link to Fr. Leonard Goffine's The Church Year on the SSPXAsia website.

INTROIT of today's Holy Mass

When I cried to the Lord, he heard my voice, from them that draw near to me, and he humbled them, who is before all ages, and remains forever. Cast thy care upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee. (Ps. LIV.) Hear, O God, my prayer, and despise not my supplication; be attentive to me, and hear me. Gloria Patri et Fili et Spiritui Sancti.


And today's


GOSPEL (Luke XDII. 9-14.) on the Pharisee and the Publican


At that time, Jesus spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves as just, and despisedothers. Two men went up into the Temple to pray: the one a Pharisee, and the other a Publican. The Pharisee standing, prayed thus with himself: O God, I give thee thanks that I am not as the rest of men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, as also is this Publican. I fast twice in the week; I give tithes of all that I possess. And the Publican standing afar off, would not so much as lift up his eyes towards heaven, but struck his breast, saying: O God, be merciful to me a sinner. I say to you: this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: because every one that exalteth himself shall be humbled, and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.


I am reminded of a sermon of Cardinal John Henry Newman that I read on The Religion of the Pharisee. I will post more on it in the coming week.


But, I shall end this post with a beautiful phrase:


Deus propitius esto mihi peccatori

O God, be merciful to me, a sinner!!!


Jesus, Mary, I love Thee; Save Souls!

Jesu mitis et humilis corde, Fac cor nostrum secundum Cor tuum. (ter)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home