Friday, August 31, 2007

Absence makes the heart grow fonder


Indeed, the clichéd phrase, so ever present, so ever true ...



Like:

1) how much I miss going for Holy Mass as often as I can




2) how I cried, because of (I don't know why :D too, i must be getting too emotional [lol]) when I finally, after only 2 weeks of not touching the piano, played my favourite Beethoven piece, his Sonata in C minor op. 13 , Sonata Pathétique. Beethoven's musique is certainly very soul stirring, deep and very mature, the first movement of this famous piece made me cry. =) But I must say the third movement made me smile. =D



3) etc.

What must Jesus have felt, from the depths of His dearest, most amiable, most beautiful wounded heart, not withstanding all the sorrow He had to go through His passion etc., when He went through the Passion, the Crucifixion and all that He went through throughout His entire life? The love that must have been burning in His Heart for souls, so pure, so chaste, so beautiful, must be the driving force for every single action, every single thought, every single word of our dearest Jesus, our Redeemer, for though it was through one man, Adam that caused the downfall of men, it was through this new Adam, my Jesus :) and your Jesus too :), that the Redemption of mankind was secured.

And it was also solely this reason, this love that Jesus had/still has/will always have (yesterday/today/forever - the same) for US all, those humans with souls :), that made Him stay with us in the Holy Eucharist. He could not bear to be absent from us physically, He had to be with us. And this is why also the Holy Eucharist is called the Sacrament of love. Amor amorum, the Love of all Love, the pledge of Love, as St. Thomas says for love was the only motive which induced Jesus Christ to give us in it [the Holy Eucharist] his whole self..

St. John, the Apostle whom Jesus loved, has this beautiful expression, so sublime, before St. John started writing on the washing of the feet before the Last Supper (which Is the very very first Mass, the very first transubstantiation), from the Gospel according to St. John 13:1 Before the festival day of the pasch, Jesus knowing that his hour was come, that he should pass out of this world to the Father: having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

He loves us, still loves us and will forever love us - till the end. O, how beautiful it is!

But as with St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi and St. Rose of Lima (whose Most Blessed Feast day was yesterday): "Love is not loved! Love is not loved!"

A Spiritual Communion, Formula by St. Alphonsus Ligouri:

My Jesus, I believe that Thou art truly present in the Most Blessed Sacrament. I love Thee above all things, and I desire to possess Thee within my soul. Since I am unable now to receive Thee sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart.

As though Thou wert already there, I embrace Thee and unite myself wholly to Thee, permit me not that I shoul ever be separated from Thee. May the Body of our Lord Jesus Christ keep my soul unto everlasting life.
Amen.


Fortunate indeed shall I be, if I lose all to gain Thee, my God, my treasure, my love, my all!




Jesus, Mary, I love Thee; Save Souls!

Jesu mitis et humilis corde, Fac cor nostrum secundum Cor tuum. (ter)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home