Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What Grace! What Love!

The Altar of the Priory of St. Pius X in Singapore:



Tip of the hat to: http://te-deum.blogspot.com/2010/01/bishop-athanasius-schneider-orc-on-ewtn.html

and pictures source from: http://fatheranthonyho.blogspot.com



Spiritual Communion, a formula by St. Alphonsus Ligouri:


My Jesus, I firmly believe that Thou art really present (in every single bit and piece/s of Holy Communion) in the Most Blessed Sacrament. I love Thee above all things and I desire to possess Thee within my soul. Since I cannot now receive Thee sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart.

As though Thou wert already there, I embrace Thee, and unite myself wholly to Thee; permit not that I should ever be separated from Thee.

May the Body of Our Lord Jesus Christ keep my soul unto Everlasting Life. Amen.

Jesus, Mary, I love You; Save Souls!

Little lowly flower of Jesus
In His convent garden grow,
Smile upon thy pleading rosebuds
Our petitions make thine own.

Shower thy roses sweet and free
On us children who cry to thee.
May we loyal be and true
Other little flowers like you.

Teach us dear saint in thy own way
To love Jesus more and more.
Make us holy, pure and gentle
Little flower we implore

Shower thy roses sweet and free
On us children who cry to thee.
May we loyal be and true
Other little flowers like you

------ Hymn to the Saint Therese of the Child Jesus



Consider what St. Margaret Mary says: "It is certain that everyone on earth could obtain salutary graces without number, if he but had a grateful love for Jesus Christ, such as is manifested by those who love and venerate His Sacred Heart."



O Priest! thou art not thyself, because thou art God; thou art not of thyself, because thou art the servant and minister of Christ; thou art not thine own, because thou art the spouse of the Church; thou art not for thyself, because thou art the mediator between God and man; thou art not from thyself, because thou art nothing. What then art thou, O Priest? Nothing and everything. O Priest! take care lest what was said to Christ on the Cross be said to thee: He saved others, himself he cannot save. -St. Norbert

My Jesus, make me love Thee more and more :))


PS: A very good piece of writing by St. Bernard! The Goal of Prayer

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home