Monday, January 01, 2007

The Circumcision of the Our Lord Jesus and (tmr) The Feast of the Holy Name of Jesus

"The More You Honour Me, The More I Will Bless You."


Puer natus est nobis,

et filius datus est nobis:

cujus imperium super humerum ejus:

et vocabitur nomen ejus,

magni concilii angelus.

-from the Introit of Today's Proper, Is.9:6

(A child is born to us,

and a Son is given to us,

Whose government is upon His shoulders:

and His name shall be called the Angel of great counsel.)




Thine are the heavens,

and Thine is the earth:

the world and the fullness thereof Thou hast founded:

justice and judgment are the preparation of Thy Throne.

-from the Offertory of Today's Proper, Ps.88:12,15


-------

On This the First day of the New Year, Anno domini 2007,

rachelannethérèse, your humble blogger,

would like to wish you a very happy New Year and,

May the Blessings of the Divine Infant and His Most Dearest Mother

be upon Thee and Thy family. :)

-------

Here's a most beautiful prayer by Rev. Cyrillus a Matre Dei, the first and most devoted venerator of the Miraculous Infant Jesus of Prague (of whose picture you see at the top of this post, on a holy card).


Jesus, unto Thee I flee,

Through Thy Mother praying Thee

In my need to succor me.

Truly, I believe of Thee

God Thou art with strength to

shield me;

Full of trust, I hope of Thee

Thou Thy grace wilt give to me.

All my heart I give to Thee,

Therefore, do my sins repent me;

From them breaking, I bessech Thee,

Jesus, from their bonds to free me.

Firm my purpose is to mend me;

Never more will I offend Thee.

Wholly unto Thee I give me,

Patiently to suffer for Thee,

Thee to serve eternally.

And my neighbour like to me

I will love for love of Thee.

Little Jesus, I beseech Thee,

In my need to succor me,

That with Joseph and Mary

And the angels, I may Thee

Once enjoy eternally. Amen.


-------
St. Thérèse of Lisieux, my patron, had a little prayer she composed once for the dearest Child Jesus:

"O eternal Father, Your only Son,
the dear Child Jesus,
is mine,
since You have given Him to me.
I offer Thee the infinite merits of His divine Childhood,
and I beg Thee in His name to open the gates of heaven to a countless
host of little ones who will forever follow this divine Lamb."
:)

INTROIT of the Feast of the Holy Name of Jesus:


In the Name of Jesus let every knee bow,

of those that are in heaven,

on earth,

and under the earth:

and let every tongue confess

that the Lord Jesus Christ is in the glory of God the Father.

(Psalm) O Lord our Lord: how admirable is Thy Name in the whole earth!

Gloria Patri.

-Phil.2:10-11; Ps.8:2

-------


Jesus, Mary, I Love Thee, Save Souls!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home