Friday, August 25, 2006

St. Thérèse of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face

St, Thérèse at age 8

-

St, Thérèse of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face - The Little Flower

I'd like to take some time off my now busy schedule to post a little something about my favourite saint, my patron also, St. Thérèse of Lisieux.

Interestingly, Pope Saint Pius X, he himself a great saint, called her The greatest saint of modern times, way before she was even beatified. This young little carmelite, dearest St. Thérèse, only 24 years when she expired into the joys of eternal life, has much much much much to teach all of us about her "little way of spiritual childhood".

To find out more about her and her life, I recommend to you reading her Autobiography. It changed my life as I know it and I am very sure it will touch you most profoundly too. Her Story of a Soul is written in a language so very simple, it speaks of "profoundity", it speaks so deeply!
-------
Here are 2 of the great Saint Thérèse's - the LITTLE flower's poems, for you to contemplate, meditate upon.

Here she speaks on love, and how loving is to give oneself up to suffering, just like what Jesus did when he willingly embraced his cross for our sakes.

Here on earth, to live for love
does not mean settling on Thabor;
it means climbing Calvary with Jesus
and looking on the Cross as a treasure.

Another poem she wrote on faith, when she was experiencing temptations against her faith which were troubling her more than usual,

Since the Son of God wished his Mother
to undergo darkness and heartfelt anguish,
Mary, is it therefore a good thing to suffer here on earth?
Yes, to suffer out of love is purest happiness.
Jesus can take back everything he has given me,
But tell him never to get angry with me.
He can hide if he likes, and I will wait for him
Till that undying day when my faith will cease to be.

-------


In Christo et Maria!

rachel anne thérèse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home