Sunday, February 15, 2004

Thus, the Valentine's Day came to a close. It was a really enjoyable day - had my 2 very precious cousins, celestine and cara with me + my sister yesterday with my little niece, marlene and my little nephew, jeremy.(although not too "little", one is primary 4 the other is primary 2 respectively, but too me, they are still very "little" -- if you know what i mean) and of course the rest of my beloved extended family.=) .. I had to miss the NJC Road Run, quite sad initially cos that would mean a day less to have fun with my friends, but the Wedding of my cousin, Philip to Fiona made up for it.. their wedding was way way cool even though it wasnt a high mass as Fiona is not yet a catholic. (but she is going to be baptised on the 28th of April.. come to think about baptism, my other cousin's rite of election will be held at St. Mary's on the 28th of Feb.. maybe i will be going .. ) Their luncheon reception IS one of the best meals i ever had - at any wedding receptions i mean. Costing 30 dollars per head or so i heard, the array of dishes were one of the best. I loved the baby potatoes with baked cheese and sour cream, the stir fried prawns, the Jambalayan Fish, mee siam, the appetizers of salad and cold dishes - the brinjals were fab so were the olives, and not forgetting the scrumptious Beef. --They even had a carving station... The coffee served that day was from spinneli and wow it was very GOoD. After the wedding ceremony and the luncheon came to a close we went back to my auntie's house. She Was tired. After all her hard work and everything .. my mum and my other auntie, yee yee i call her went to her hse on Fri to help her with all the cooking for SAt. We all had FOOD for Breakfast when we all had to go there for the tea ceremony and stuff and then we went for the wedding and the luncheon.. then DINNER was also served at her place. She worked really hard that day. And the food was a great testiment to all her hard work. =) *Thumbs up* -- btw my mum made the best porridge .. it was all GONE that day .. everyone was asking for it and I had "millions" of bowls of that porridge.. haha.

so that day is OVER. next came today! =)
Went for choir practice as usual and then went for mass. Our numbers are dwindling as I could see. There were very few people today .. but even so, the MUSIC was fab.. we ranked no. 2 on the audio technician's ranking of choirs or so he said and also Fr. John also came to say that the music was good even with so few a number - there were only two guys not including the guitarists and the conductor.. Anyway, it was a great mass i felt. Im playing the keyboard next week for mass.. I just realized today after mass during the practice that the HYMNS I AM GOING TO PLAY are quite tough.. though nice sounding .. they are ALL in odd timings of 6,8 and 9,8 .. nonsense! but I practiced after I came home from lunch. -- it sounds not bad now.. after that as usual i realized that i had a tonne (1 tonne = 1000kg) -- LAME!! of work to do including to compile the GP Research report and also the PHYsiCS test on the option topic, the PHYSICS of FLUIDS. but right now I have already finished with studying.. will be watching moulin rouge with my sis and parents soon.. but first! i wiLL have a bowl of PoRRIdGE for Dinner! after all the lavish eating from yesterday's event.. can't afford to add anymore weight to the already soon going to "break" weight balance of mine haha.. O punitha just messaged to say the Physics test is going to be on TUeS. -- but anyway i ve studied already .. and thats what matters.. hee... shall now consider whether to bring along the chemistry textbook to start on my revision tomorrow.. hmmm..*pondering* ... See Ya guys! have a great day.

I shall end with a hymn, quite meaningful to me ... and to maybe to some of you out there,
presenting to you, the PRAYER OF ST FRANCIS.

Make me a channel of your peace
Where there is hatred let me bring LOVE
Where there is INjury your pardon Lord and
Where there's doubt true faith in you.

Make me a channel of your peace
Where there's despair in life let me bring hope
Where there is darkness only light
And where there's sadness only JOY

O master grant that I may never seek,
So much to be consoled as to console
To be understood as to understand
To be loved as to love with all my soul

Make me a channel of your peace
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned
In giving of ourselves that we receive
And in dying that we're born to eternal life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great and Glorious God, and my Lord Jesus Christ, enlighten I beseech you the darkness of my mind. Give me a right faith, a firm hope and a perfect charity. Grant that I may know you, Lord, in order that I may always and in all things act according to your most holy and perfect will. Amen.
-St. Francis of Assisi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home