Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Feast of All Saints! ;)




Today's the Feast of All Saints'! =D Its a very very beautiful feast. I'm happy because all the saints are happy. I sound so childish, but that's just how I feel now. :P Oh, I can't wait! ...

Wisdom. 3:1-2,3
The souls of the just are in the hand of God,
and the torment of malice
shall not touch them:
in the sight of the unwise they seemed to die,
but they are in peace. Alleluia.
(Offertory of Today's Mass)

yay I have some free time now, in the middle of learning how to do a Western Blot from a friend in the lab :) ...

Here's something from Alone with God by Fr. J. Heyrmann S.J. on the Feast of All Saints:

ALL SAINTS’ DAY

1. Today and tomorrow we ought to foster in our hearts a lively sense of the communion of Saints. Today the Church bids us look up to the Heavenly Jerusalem, our true home, where she triumphs in all her children who enjoy eternal bliss, and where she sings the praises of her Bridegroom; tomorrow she commemorates those of her children, who, for a while, abide in purgatory, where they are being cleansed of the least stain; and she asks us to assist them by prayer and penance.

2. Petition: The grace to rejoice in the Lord over the bliss of the “great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations and tribes and peoples, and tongues … clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands, crying with a loud voice, Salvation to our God, who sitteth upon the throne, and to the Lamb” (Apoc. 7:9,10).

I. “Many Mansions in Our Father’s House”

Man has never been able to reconcile himself to the notion that for him death is the end of all things, even though he may have failed to grasp the nature of future life, and may not have had the full certitude of its existence.

In this manner too Jesus brought us good tidings from on high. “He that believeth in me, although he be dead shall live: and every one that liveth and believeth in me, shall not die for ever” (John 11:25,26). Shortly before He departed from them, Jesus said to His disciples, “In my Father’s house there are many mansions. If not, I would have told you: because I go to prepare a place for you” (John 14:2).

All those who believe in Him, who eat His Flesh, who have fed and clothed and nursed Him in the least of His brethren, who have been faithful to Him in little things, all these will enter into the joy of their Lord.

It is true that Jesus did give us solemn warnings: there is danger lest we tread the broad road which leads to perdition; whosoever believes not, is not faithful, does not love his neighbour, will be lost. But today we have beheld “that great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues …” passing before our eyes. This fills us with hope for those that have been dear to us, “God’s servants who, bearing the seal of faith, have gone before us, and rest in the sleep of peace” (Canon of the Mass). Therefore, we all rejoice in the Lord.

II. “What Eye Hath Not Seen”

“Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard: neither hath it entered into the heart of man, what things God hath prepared for them that love him” (1 Cor. 2:9).

When Jesus addressed the humble country folk of Galilee, He adapted Himself to their simple ideas, and compared heavenly bliss to a great banquet, or to a wedding feast, to which all are invited. And in St John’s Apocalypse the final victory of the Church Triumphant concludes with the wedding of the Lamb (19:7).

“To enter into the joy of the Lord,” is to enter into a joy, which nothing can disturb, endless and ever fresh; a joy of which on earth we have no adequate concept. The source of this joy will be the sight, face to face, of the eternal Wisdom, eternal Truth, eternal Beauty, eternal Goodness.

St. Augustine concludes his great work “Of the City of God” with these lyrical words, which some one compared to four strokes of the eagle’s wings, “In heaven we shall rest and see, see and love, love and praise. That shall be the end without end!” Then “we shall sing with the angels and the archangels, with the thrones and dominations, and with the entire heavenly host, the hymn of Thy glory: saying for ever, Holy, Holy, Holy!” (Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus!)

III. Joy and Confidence

“We all rejoice in the Lord, whilst celebrating this feast in honour of all the Saints;” we rejoice because “they who have gone before us, bearing the seal of faith” are happy for ever; because they, who have reached their true home, are interceding for us, poor wayfarers, and imploring for us protection and perseverance.

“The bliss of heaven belongs to those who will remember it, who labour and suffer for it, who help others to obtain it.” With this glorious prospect before us, “we faint not” but though our outward man is corrupted, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For that which is at present momentary and light of our tribulation worketh for us above measure exceedingly an eternal weight of glory” (2 Cor. 4: 16,17).

We have confidence in God, who has created us that we may for ever be happy with Him; who has sent us His own Son to show us the way, and to open to us the eternal portals; who uses His supreme power, His infinite goodness, and His boundless wisdom to save all.

Prayer: That Thou lift up our minds to heavenly desires, we beseech Thee, Lord, hear us (Litany of All Saints).

Read 3 Imitation of Christ, 48,49.

Chapter 48 point 6: But blessed is the man, who for Thee, O Lord, lets go all things created; who offers violence to his nature, and through fervor of spirit crucifies the lusts of the flesh: that so, his conscience being cleared up, he may offer to Thee pure prayer, and may be worthy to be admitted among the choirs of angels, having excluded all things of the earth both from without and within.

My Jesus, my heart is all Thine own, take it and mould it, let it be more and more so, like unto Thine own Heart, take it and let me only do what Thou wilt want me to do and help me always and only to fulfill it accordingly as only what Thou wilt want me to do it. I love Thee, my Jesus, my King, my Heart, my All.

Dearest Mother Dear, please help me, help me Mother, to will only what Jesus wills, to do what only He wants me to do. Please help me and guide me, give me the grace to persevere. Aid me in this journey, protect me under thy mantle for I am also all thine own. Never cease praying for me until thou dost see me safe at thy feet in heaven, praising, singing and loving Thy Son and thee for all eternity. I love Thee, my Mother, my Mother dearest, who gave me my Jesus.

Deus propitious esto mihi peccatori

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee; Save Souls!

Jesu mitis et humilis corde, Fac cor nostrum secundum Cor tuum. (ter)

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam !

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home