Thursday, April 06, 2006

Kyrie Eleison, Kyrie Eleison, Kyrie Eleison.

I am always awestruck by how "human" all of us are. How very often we say one thing but we do another. How very often we put our heart and mind to something, only to allow for a little distraction, a little temptation that puts us off what we had in heart and in mind. When we say that we will do something, we have to keep to our promise. We have to have that discipline that will enable us to live our lives all ever willing to do the will of God and not our own will. For when we do anything without the strength of Christ, we tire ever so easily and are unhappy for a long span of time. But here, it comes to a point when the human mind says "How do I know the Will of the Lord? How do I know that he is the Truth? How do I know this and How do I know that" We always ask for evidence, for proof. We want that miracle, that thing, that something, to show us the way, the truth and the life but we do nothing, absolutely nothing, to want to attain it. Only when the soul fights to achieve perfection in Christ, that is when the soul will attain eternal happiness. That's the awesome paradox that I want to grapple with within the next few months after the exams. Domine Deus! Adjuva me!
-------
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE LONG BREAK (3 MONTHS) - then I CAN finally learn latin properly w/o the time constraint, think about lots of things, write, practise the piano and etc. Thinking about it, 3 months may fly away quickly, so I must have discipline during the break! O yes! there's also an Ignatian Women's Retreat that I will attend for 1 week in June. I CAN'T WAIT!
-------
Another week has just flown past, within it lots of time, lots of hours have been spent. Anatomy CA2 's over! now there's one more MIDI assignment and another Science of Music CA to go through before the big exams. And of course! its Palm Sunday this coming Sunday and First Friday tomorrow with commemoration of the Seven Sorrows of Our Lady. Holy Week is approaching. Holy Thursday. Good Friday. Holy Saturday. Easter Vigil. EASTER!!!
- My favourite time in the whole liturgical church year. =)
since I was young - cos' its real real meaningful.
-------
I've just read this article. Its a letter written by Saint Francis Xavier to his companions living in Rome. I enjoyed the discourse I must say, and I would like to share it with you. You can read it here.
-------
Here's something that I was burying myself into while I was studying for anatomy last night... haha. Surprisely it came out in one of the questions in the CA. =)

Yups. =)

+ J.M.J.A.

Forever!

-rachanne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home