Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday


said Jesus to the Filiae Jerusalem 
with His Cross, bearing heavily on His most precious, yet bruised and scourged body,
on His Way to Mount Calvary
Parce Domine, parce populo tuo. Ne in aeternum, irascaris nobis. 
Parce Domine, parce populo tuo. Ne in aeternum, irascaris nobis. 
Parce Domine, parce populo tuo. Ne in aeternum, irascaris nobis. 


Juxta crucem tecum stare,
Et me tibi sociare
In planctu desidero
By the †cross with thee to stay,
There with thee to weep and pray,
Is all I ask of thee to give.
(From the Stabat Mater)


[Prayer for the Sovereign Pontiff] St Catherine of Siena

O Most High and ineffable God, I have sinned and am not worthy to pray to Thee, but Thou canst render me less unworthy. Punish, O Lord, my sins and do not look upon my misery. 

I received a body from Thee. I give it back to Thee and I offer it to Thee. Here is my person and my very blood; strike, destroy! Reduce my bones to dust, but grant that which I ask for the Sovereign Pontiff, Unique Spouse of Thy Unique Spouse.

May he always know Thy Will. May he love and follow it, so that we do not perish. Give to him, O my God, a new heart; so that Thy grace may always grow in him. May he not tire in carrying the standard of Thy Holy Cross. May he dispense to the [unbelievers], the treasures of Thy Mercy, as he does to us who benefit from the Passion and Blood of the Lamb without blemish, Thy beloved Son. 

I have sinned, Lord. Eternal God, have mercy on me. Amen.


Jesus, Mary, Joseph, Anne, Therese, I love You; Save Souls!

Jesu mitis et humilis corde, Fac cor nostrum secundum Cor tuum. (ter)

Deus propitius esto mihi peccatori. 

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home