Friday, April 02, 2010

Maundy Thursday

























"O My God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee; and I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell, but most of all because they offend Thee, my God, who art all-good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy grace, to confess my sins, to do penance and to amend my life. Amen."

This is such a beautiful prayer!

And as we accompany Jesus in this Holy Night of Adoration and Prayer, Mother dearest please help us, help us, help me. Dankeschoen. Amen.


Jesus, Mary, Joseph, I love You; Save Souls!

Jesu mitis et humilis corde, Fac Cor nostrum secundum Cor tuum. (ter)




He is dead. The author of life, the only begotten of the Father, the Lord of the world, is dead. O infinite love! A God to sacrifice Himself entirely! And for whom? For us, ungrateful creatures. Raise your eyes and behold the crucified Man-God. Behold the Divine Lamb, sacrificed on that altar of pain. See how His arms are stretched out to embrace you; His head bowed down to give you the kiss of peace; His side opened to receive you. How can you behold Him dead, hanging on the tree, and not love Him with all your heart?

"My children, see if there is anyone in this world who has loved you more than I, thy God, has loved you. This is My beloved Son, in whom I have found all My delights. This in My beloved Son in whom I am well pleased. Behold how I have willed to see Him ill-treated on account of your iniquities. Behold how I have condemned Him to die upon this cross, afflicted, and abandoned even by Myself, who loves Him so much. This have I done in order that you may love Me."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home