Sunday, April 01, 2007

Palm Sunday



Behold, the start of Holy Week, Behold, in a few days time, your Lord and Saviour will be Crucified. Behold, then - what He said in the Gospels: "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all things to Myself." (John 12: 32). Oh my love. :) This is the start of my favourite and in my opinion, the best time of the Church, in her Holy Week.

From today's Offertory (Ps. 68:21,22):

My Heart hath expected reproach and misery, and I looked for one that would
grieve together with Me, but there was none; I sought for one that would comfort
Me, and I found none; and they gave Me gall for My food, and in My thirst they
gave Me vinegar to drink.




Have a good Holy Week. God Bless. Deo gratias et Mariae.

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee, Save Souls!

Parce Domine, parce populo tuo: ne in aeternum irascaris nobis.

As with St. Bernard: "Go to Mary" O Dearest Mother!

"In periculis, in angustiis, in rebus dubiis, Mariam cogita, Mariam invoces. . . Ipsam sequens, non devias; ipsam rogans, non desperas; ipsam cogitans, non erras; ipsa tenente, non corruis; ipsa protegente, non metuis; ipsa duce, non fatigaris, ipsa propitia, pervenis. . . "

"Amid dangers, difficulties, and doubts, think of Mary, invoke Mary's aid.... If you follow her, you will not stray; if you entreat her, you will not lose hope; if you reflect upon her, you will not err; if she supports you, you will not fall; if she protects you, you will not fear; if she leads you, you will not grow weary; if she is propitious, you will reach your goal...."

Second Homily on the Missus est: PL CLXXXIII, 70-71.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home