Friday, April 03, 2015

To Our Lord on the Cross

It is Maundy Thursday, and I love Thee my Jesus for having to endure the pains of this night, for us all, for me. Help us all to persevere in this long and arduous journey here on earth and help us to do so as cheerfully and as happily as we can, because we know why we are persevering and it makes everything all so worth it. 

Courage, my dears, is not the absence of fear. 

And this is what exactly you show us dearest Jesus, on this night, when you knelt on the bare stones of Mount Olivet, surrounded by the beauty of the olive trees, the insect sounds that perpetuate the night, you so created, but yet you were suffering, yet you were suffering so much, that blood and tears and sweat fell and oozed through the pores of the human flesh, you so wonderfully created. 

By the fruits of the Most Precious Cross, help us all to persevere, help us all to love You and Your Mother as much as we should, help us, help us, we need you. 



To Our Lord on the Cross: 



My Crucified Jesus, mercifully accept the prayer which I now make to Thee for help in the moment of my death, when at its approach all my senses shall fail me. 

When, therefore, O sweetest Jesus, my weary and downcast eyes can no longer look up to Thee, be mindful of the loving gaze which I now turn on Thee, and have mercy on me. 

When my parched lips can no longer kiss Thy most sacred wounds, remember then those kisses which now I imprint on Thee, and have mercy on me. 

When my cold hands can no longer embrace Thy Cross, forget not the affection with which I embrace it now, and have mercy on me.

And when, at length, my swollen and lifeless tongue can no longer speak, remember that I called upon Thee now.

Jesus, Mary, Joseph, to you I commend my soul. 

Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ to heal the wounds of my soul.

My Jesus, pardon and mercy through the merits of Thy Most Sacred Wounds.

Jesus, Mary, Joseph, Anne, Therese, I love You; Save Souls!

Jesu mitis et humilis corde, Fac cor nostrum secundum Cor tuum. (ter)

Deus propicias esto mihi peccatori.



Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home