Friday, July 13, 2007

Ferial

whoosh, and another week just flew by, literally. We always say how long our pilgrimage on earth here is, and thing is I feel that way too, terribly. :) it's like, it is long and I can't wait, it's in my bones I feel, I can't and I'm sure you can't wait to see heaven, to be with Jesus and Mary. (I think maybe you know what I'm saying) but when time just flies by like that, and you grow older each and every second of the time, it's almost like, it's long and you can't wait, but at the same time, everything just flies by and hey, it's literally quite fast. Right, I'm very tired now, that's why the words don't seem to come out the way I want them too. :) (I guess I will have to rephrase all that when I have the time too, haha)

Today's the 13th of July, 90th anniversary of the 3rd of the first 6 apparitions of the dearest, most Blessed Virgin, Mother Mary, the Immaculate Heart to the 3 children at Fatima. How beautiful it is, 90 years have passed and Mother Mary's promise, so beautiful, still lingers: My Immaculate Heart will Triumph. The last words of the 3rd secret. :)

Here's something very beautiful, from the book, The Holy Eucharist, by St. Alphonsus Ligouri:

Affections and Prayers

O Heart of Jesus, abyss of mercy and love, how is it that at the sight of the goodness Thou hast shown me, and of my ingratitude, I do not die of sorrow? Thou, O my Saviour, after having given me my being, hast given me all Thy blood and Thy life, giving Thyself up, for my sake, to ignominy and death; and, not content with this, Thou hast invented the mode of sacrificing Thyself every day for me in the Holy Eucharist, not refusing to expose Thyself to the injuries which Thou shouldst receive, and which Thou didst forsee, in this Sacrament of love. O my God, how can I see myself so ungrateful to Thee without dying with confusion! O Lord, put an end, I pray Thee, to my ingratitude, by wounding my heart with Thy love, and making me entirely Thine. Remember the blood and the tears that Thou hast shed for me, and forgive me. Oh, let not all Thy sufferings be lost upon me. But though Thou hast seen how ungrateful and unworthy of Thy love I have been, yet Thou didst not cease to love me even when I did not love Thee, nor even desire that Thou shouldst love me; how much rather, then, may I not hope for Thy love, now that I desire and sigh after nothing but to love Thee, and to be loved by Thee. Oh, do Thou fully satisfy this my desire; or rather this Thy desire, for it is Thou that hast given it to me. Grant that this day may be the day of my thorough conversion; so that I may begin to love Thee, and may never cease to love Thee, my sovereign good. Make me die in everything to myself, in order that I may live only to Thee, and that I may always burn with Thy love.

O Mary, thy heart was the blessed altar that was always on fire with divine love: my dearest Mother, make me like to thee; obtain this from thy Son, who delights in honouring thee, by denying thee nothing that thou askest of him.

Ejaculatory prayer: My Jesus, when shall I really love Thee? :)

O Precious Blood of Jesus, Save us!

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee; Save Souls!

Jesu mitis et humilis corde, Fac cor nostrum secundum Cor tuum. (ter)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home